You can attend shows and concerts at our venues with complete peace of mind. All our venues comply with government-imposed ventilation standards.
Depending on the color of the Coronavirus barometer, we also take into account the visitor capacity, so that our events can proceed in complete safety.
For more information on the impact of the corona barometer on your event, please visit the Help Center.
Capitole Gent has lockers available outside next to the box office at the loading dock. You can use these to store your things for a fee. Renting a locker costs 5 euros.
You also pay a deposit of 5 euros, which you get back when you return the key.
Avoid bringing larger items into the venue (see also our strict bag policy).
We regret that there are currently no lockers in which a motorcycle helmet can be stored.
Opening of the doors
Some days before the event, go to the specific page of the event you are attending for the correct start and end times.
Normally, the venue doors are open an hour before the start of the event. You can order snacks and drinks at one of the food and drink stands in the foyer.
Make sure you leave on time and be aware of any road constructions or possible traffic jams, so you don’t have to miss the start of the event.
Access to the venue
- Do not buy tickets via auction sites or the secondary market. These tickets may be invalid. You run the risk of being denied access to the venue. Official tickets can be purchased safely and at the correct price via our venue website.
- Always offer your own ticket at the entrance and not someone else’s. This makes scanning much easier and avoids waiting times at the door. Important! If you have booked e-tickets, it is essential that they are visible on your smartphone screen with maximum brightness (no screenshot, no broken screen).
- Do not take any luggage, (large) handbags or backpacks with you and respond correctly to any requests from the security staff. Bags must not be larger than 21 cm x 30 cm x 10 cm (or 8.27 × 11.81 × 3.94 inch; A4 size).
- It is forbidden to enter the venue with bottles, cans, alcohol, sound recorders, film and photo cameras, fireworks and objects that may pose a threat to security. Smartphones with a photo function are tolerated, unless otherwise stated. No photography or filming is permitted at events, unless otherwise specified by the organiser. Entering the venue implies agreement with possible searching.
- SMOKING in the venue is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.
Visit with toddlers
We very often have children's shows in our theatre. If you come to Capitole Gent with small children, please keep in mind the following arrangements.
- Diaper bags must be handed over to the cloakroom. For reasons of fire safety (risk of tripping), these must not be brought into the theatre itself.
- For the same reason, pushchairs are not allowed in the theatre auditorium. They must be left folded up in the place indicated by the theatre staff.
- There is “1 ticket per spectator” in the theatre. Children are not allowed to sit on the lap and you also have to buy a ticket when the child is staying in a child car seat. For fire safety reasons, the theatre has a maximum number of people allowed, regardless of age.
- A changing mat and nappy container are available in the sanitary area.
- If you have any questions about breastfeeding, please contact us at +32 3 400 69 99 or send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Take into account the noise level at children's shows: provide your child with appropriate hearing protection.
- In normal circumstances, for children up to 1m20, you can request, as long as supplies last,.a children's cushion for the theatre chair from the staff in the auditorium.
Pay at every point of sale with your bank card, smartphone.or your be•at Cashless Card. Read more.